This page is designed to answer the most common questions we receive each day. If you would like more information, please contact us.
- Exhibitor applications open mid December, and close February 2nd 2018. Applicants will be advised if successful or not by 25th February.
- Registered attendee applications open mid January, and close March 16th, 2018. Applicants will be advised if successful or not by 31st March.
- Retail applications for The Sydney Brick Show 2018 will open mid December and close January 20th, 2018. Applicants will be advised if successful or not by 25th February.
Admission and Cost:
- The Sydney Brick Show 2018 will be open to the public on Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd April 2018.
- Tickets for Sydney Brick Show 2018 will be on sale later in 2017.
- Ticket prices will be available soon.
- Lego Club® / Lego Life® Membership does NOT give any discount for admission into the Sydney Brick Show.
- The venue for Sydney Brick Show 2018 will be announced soon.
- Q: Whats is The Sydney Brick Show? A: The Sydney Brick Show is an annual exhibition of unique and original LEGO® creations, built and displayed by Australian LEGO® fans and collectors.
- Q: Who presents The Sydney Brick Show? A: The Sydney Brick Show is presented by SydBricks, a not-for-profit entity. Sydbricks comprises a group of volunteer Adult Fans of LEGO® who are not employed or affiliated with the LEGO® Company or LEGO® Australia.
- Q: Who benefits from the show? A: A portion of profits from the show are donated to local charities including Bear Cottage children’s hospice in Manly, an initiative of the Children’s Hospital at Westmead. Learn more about the important work of Bear Cottage on their website.
- Q: Do the exhibitors work for LEGO®? A: No, all exhibitors are volunteer AFOLs. They collect and build with LEGO® as a hobby. All exhibitors present their own original builds, created from their LEGO® collections. All of the bricks used by our exhibitors are purchased, not provided by the LEGO® company.
- Q: How do you get a job like this? A: None of the exhibitors at The Sydney Brick Show are employed or certified by LEGO®. Creating MOCs and exhibiting their creations is not a job, but rather a hobby. Our exhibitors are all volunteer LEGO® fans, who have regular day jobs as Engineers, Office Managers, IT Specialists, Teachers, Designers, Marketers, Carpenters and Accountants.
- Q: What do the exhibitors get for showing their work? A: Exhibitors attend The Sydney Brick Show and present their latest MOCs to show their creative skills. Much like artists hold exhibitions, LEGO® builders like to show their work to the public and engage with other LEGO® fans. Exhibitors are not paid to build for or to attend The Sydney Brick Show.
- Q: Where do you get your LEGO® from? Does LEGO® give it to you? A: The LEGO® you will see on display has been purchased by exhibitors, from stores and online marketplaces, much like everyone else. Builders seek out sales and specials to get the best value, or purchase from overseas, including parts from LEGO® directly. Unfortunately we are not given bricks to create the MOCs you will see on display.
- Q: Why is the show only on for one weekend? It should run for longer. A: Presenting an event the size of The Sydney Brick Show is quite a task! Our event is not presented by or sponsored by the LEGO® company. We are a not-for-profit group driven by volunteers, we are unfortunately limited by both time and funds. Our exhibitors and organisers are volunteers, they have families and regular jobs, and a number travel from interstate to take part in the show. We cannot ask our contributors to give up more of their time to run the event for longer.
Kid’s Creation Competition:
- Details of the Junior and Intermediate Creation Competition for 2018 will be announced soon!
- An AFOL is an Adult Fan of LEGO®. The Sydney Brick Show is presented by AFOLs.
- A MOC is My Own Creation, the displays you will see at The Sydney Brick Show, are MOCs.