This page is designed to answer the most common questions we receive each day. If you would like more information, please contact us.
- Exhibitor and Registered Attendee Applications open mid February, and close March 17th 2017.
Admission and Cost:
- The Sydney Brick Show 2017 will be open to the public on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd April 2017.
- Tickets for Sydney Brick Show 2017 will be on sale via Ticketmaster from Monday March 6th 2017.
- Child tickets are $11 each and Adult tickets are $16 each (prices include GST)
- Family tickets are $47, for 2 adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children
- Children under 2 years are admitted Free
- You will not be charged a handling fee when purchasing your tickets via The Ticketmaster website (SydBricks have absorbed this cost). Select ‘Print at Home’ delivery to avoid any additional charges.
- Lego Club® Membership does NOT give any discount for admission into the Sydney Brick Show.
- Q: What time is The Sydney Brick Show open? A: The first entry time is 9am, and the last entry time is 4pm. Doors close at 5pm.
- Q: The Ticketmaster website wants me to choose an entry time, why? A: The Sydney Brick Show is a popular event, to help us manage crowds and visitor numbers inside The Sydney Town Hall we stagger entry times throughout the day. Entry times are every 30 mins from 9am to 4pm.
- Q: Is the entry time on the Ticketmaster website a session time? A: No, the timing relates to entry time only. These do not dictate a session or exit time. You are welcome to remain at the show as long as you like. However, there are no pass-outs, once you leave, you will need another ticket to enter the show again.
- Q: My tickets show an entry time I cannot make, how do I change my tickets? A: To ammend your tickets please contact Ticketmaster on 136 100. Unfortunately we cannot assist with ticketing changes.
- Please note: The ‘Best Available’ option on the Ticketmaster website will default to the earliest available entry time, we recommend selecting your preferred entry time when booking.
- Q: Where is the entrance to The Sydney Brick Show? A: Access to The Sydney Brick Show is via the Lower Town Hall entrance, this side entrance of The Sydney Town Hall can be found on Druitt St. The main steps of the Sydney Town Hall are not an entry point for The Sydney Brick Show.
- Q: Where is the Kid’s Creation Competition on display? A: You can find the Kid’s Creation Competition winners on the upper level.
- Q: Where is the LEGO® play area? A: You can find the LEGO® and DUPLO® play areas on the upper level of The Sydney Town Hall.
- Q: Are there bathrooms inside The Sydney Town Hall? A: Yes, you will find bathrooms on the upper and lower levels of The Sydney Town Hall. These are located outside the main exhibition halls, and can be accessed via the corridors on the sides of the halls. Signage will direct you to the bathrooms.
- Q: Is there a parents room inside The Sydney Town Hall? A: Yes, a parents room is available on the lower level. It is located within the ‘parents retreat’ space, at the bottom of the main stair case, on the entry side corridor (the north side of the building). The parents room maybe obscured by the black curtains around the base of the stair case, follow our ‘Parents Retreat’ signage.
- Q: Is there an accessible bathroom inside The Sydney Town Hall? A: Yes, you will find accessible bathrooms on the upper and lower levels of The Sydney Town Hall. These are located outside the main exhibition halls, on the entrance side corridor (the north side of the building). Signage will direct you.
- Q: Is there a lift inside The Sydney Town Hall? A: Yes, there is one lift is available on the entrance side of the Sydney Town Hall, for access to the entrance foyer, and upper and lower halls. It is a small lift, please be patient. We recommend visitors use the stairs if they are able, and leave the lift for prams, wheelchairs, the elderly and those with mobility restrictions.
- Q: Do you have LEGO® for sale at The Sydney Brick Show? A: Yes, we have a number of retailers at the event, who are located on the upper level. Retailers offer a range of products, including current and newly-released LEGO® sets, collectible minifigures, hard-to-find items, parts packs, jewellery, engraved bricks and vintage sets.
- Q: Whats is The Sydney Brick Show? A: The Sydney Brick Show is an annual exhibition of unique and original LEGO® creations, built and displayed by Australian LEGO® fans and collectors.
- Q: Who presents The Sydney Brick Show? A: The Sydney Brick Show is presented by SydBricks, a not-for-profit entity. SydBricks are supported by The City of Sydney to present the event. Sydbricks comprises a group of volunteer Adult Fans of LEGO® who are not employed or affiliated with the LEGO® Company or LEGO® Australia.
- Q: Who benefits from the show? A: Funds raised from the sale of tickets to The Sydney Brick Show are donated to Bear Cottage children’s hospice in Manly, an initiative of the Children’s Hospital at Westmead. Learn more about the important work of Bear Cottage on their website.
- Q: Do the exhibitors work for LEGO®? A: No, all exhibitors are volunteer AFOLs. They collect and build with LEGO® as a hobby. All exhibitors present their own original builds, created from their LEGO® collections. All of the bricks used by our exhibitors are purchased, not provided by the LEGO® company.
- Q: How do you get a job like this? A: None of the exhibitors at The Sydney Brick Show are employed or certified by LEGO®. Creating MOCs and exhibiting their creations is not a job, but rather a hobby. Our exhibitors are all volunteer LEGO® fans, who have regular day jobs as Engineers, Office Managers, IT Specialists, Teachers, Designers, Marketers, Carpenters and Accountants.
- Q: What do the exhibitors get for showing their work? A: Exhibitors attend The Sydney Brick Show and present their latest MOCs to show their creative skills. Much like artists hold exhibitions, LEGO® builders like to show their work to the public and engage with other LEGO® fans. Exhibitors are not paid to build for or to attend The Sydney Brick Show.
- Q: Where do you get your LEGO® from? Does LEGO® give it to you? A: The LEGO® you will see on display has been purchased by exhibitors, from stores and online marketplaces, much like everyone else. Builders seek out sales and specials to get the best value, or purchase from overseas, including parts from LEGO® directly. Unfortunately we are not given bricks to create the MOCs you will see on display.
- Q: Why is the show only on for one weekend? It should run for longer. A: Presenting an event the size of The Sydney Brick Show is quite a task! Our event is not presented by or sponsored by the LEGO® company. We are a not-for-profit group driven by volunteers, we are unfortunately limited by both time and funds. Our exhibitors and organisers are volunteers, they have families and regular jobs, and a number travel from interstate to take part in the show. We cannot ask our contributors to give up more of their time to run the event for longer.
Kid’s Creation Competition:
Junior and Intermediate builders are invited to submit their MOCs for the chance to display along side Australia’s premier builders at the 2017 Sydney Brick Show.
- Q: What age is the competition open to? A: There will be 2 categories; one for Junior Builders aged 6-10 years and one for Intermediate Builders aged 11-16 years.
- Q: How do I enter? A: Please refer to the Kids Creation Competition page.
- Q: What size can I make my MOC? A: There is no minimum size though the maximum size is 0.5×0.5 metres squared.
- Q: Can I get help from my family and friends? A: Yes, but ONLY if they are within the same age category.
- Q: When does the competition open? A: Sunday 26th February 2017 at 12:00am.
- Q: When does the competition close? A: Sunday 9th April 2017 at 11:59pm.
- Q: Can I display my MOC at The Sydney Brick Show? A: Winners will be required to bring their creations along to the show for display purposes. Winning Junior builders will display on Saturday 22nd April 2017, and winning Intermediate builders will display on Sunday 23rd April 2017.
- Q: Do I have to remain at the show all-day? A: You are only required to attend the event from 8:30am to 3pm on the applicable day. Presentations will be made at 8.30am, and you will have time to set up before the doors open at 9am. Winners are able to leave the show from 3pm, and are welcome to remain at the show until doors close at 5pm.
- Q: Can my family join me at the show? A: Yes, winners of the Kid’s Creation Competiton will be given a complimentary Family Pass for family members to join them at the show.
- An AFOL is an Adult Fan of LEGO®. The Sydney Brick Show is presented by AFOLs.
- A MOC is My Own Creation, the displays you will see at The Sydney Brick Show, are MOCs.